Frequently asked questions about healthcare innovation in Africa
Still want to know more about Villgro Africa?
Find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
- Incubation – We combine hands-on technical support and industry-expert mentorship to ensure our incubation companies are investor and market ready.
- Advisory – Led by a multidisciplinary team, we use our extensive knowledge of the African healthcare innovation and incubation space to help external companies that need support in market entry, commercialisation and growth and/or developing public partnerships.
- Investment Pipeline – For those wanting to invest in the African health sector, Villgro provides a pipeline of exciting, innovative companies that have good product-market fit, a strong business plan and the potential to scale their solution. Investors can be confident that innovators supported by Villgro Africa have received the necessary support to be investment ready.
Jaza Rift Ventures is a venture capital fund that invests in the innovative and invention-based pre-seed, seed and Series A stage healthcare startups in Africa. Jaza Rift is part of the Villgro ecosystem and partners with Villgro Africa in order to access our strong pipeline, deep technical healthcare expertise and networks to increase the chance of success for the high-performing entrepreneurs they invest in.
Innovators interested in our business incubator program should have:
- Multidisciplinary, collaborative team with one technical co-founder
- Problem-solution fit
- Product-market fit
- Minimum viable product built
- Validated market demand
- Clear revenue model
- At least one full-time founder who can be dedicated to the program