Making More Health
Deadline: 27th June 2023
Making More Health (MMH) and Boehringer Ingelheim, in collaboration with Villgro Africa, are calling on all African businesses innovating on kidney failure solutions. We want to help you create a healthier world by giving you an opportunity to get grant support, technical expertise, knowledge access, strategic networks, and other future support.
Who should apply?
Early- or growth-stage companies
- Be registered as a for-profit entity
- At least 1 years of operation
- Clear market traction, like $50k+ in annual revenues
Innovating kidney failure solutions
- You provide or are working on innovative solutions which address the kidney failure continuum through detection, prevention and treatment strategies that preserve renal function thereby impacting patients’ quality of lives
- You operate in South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda & Kenya
- You employ mostly local staff in your active markets
- Have strong African representation in your leadership
How will we help you?
- Grant funding - An opportunity to secure a $15-$25k grant for growing and scaling your solution
- Technical expertise - 6 months of hands-on technical support across a variety of professional disciplines by Boehringer Ingelheim staff
- Knowledge access - Workshops & seminars on operations, systems change, replication & transfer, social finance, etc.
- Strategic networks - Become part of an ever growing and closely-knit community of ecosystem actors, incl. investors
- Future support - Possibility of enlisting in and benefiting from future Making More Health accelerator and investment cohorts
Who are we?
Making More Health (MMH) is a global initiative that aims to create a healthier world for individuals, animals and their communities through a holistic approach; by enabling innovative social entrepreneurs and leveraging smart sustainable solutions that create systemic change. By supporting social entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurial thinking MMH is leading efforts to find innovative solutions that create social impact, through funding innovative business models.
Villgro Africa is an incubator and impact investor focused on increasing support to startups within the African healthcare space; are the implementing partners for this call for applications.
For questions, please email us at [email protected].